about a year ago a couple of us finally facilitated the
> opening of an adult day care in our part of town and worked with two
> established agencies, one already doing awesome adult day care and the
other a family
> service agency with loads of potential clients.

Thanks for your comments, Maxine.  It is sad that Medicare doesn't fund
Adult Day Services.  Medicaid does - but the Medicaid waiver program for
ADS in Michigan has been closed for 2 years, thus causing those disabled but
cognitively aware folks to be sent to  Medicaid funded nursing homes.  We're
hoping that the government has a change of heart about funding adult day
services through the Medicare program.  It would make good financial sense
for them to do so.
---------
God bless
Mary Ann