----- Original Message -----
From: "Linda Ray" <[log in to unmask]>
To:> Another problem we are having is that my mother is seeing a geriatric
> therapist that I found so she can discuss all of her losses and try to get
skills for
> coping.

). She has become very angry and is now even more
> difficult to deal with.  She is also using her depression as an excuse to
act
> out.

Linda, have you taken your mother to see a psychiatrist?  It would seem that
her condition needs to be controlled with more appropriate medication.
Neurologists are fine for PD, but your mom case sounds rather complex.  A
psych consult might help.

Also, anger is a phase in the progression of dementia.  I sympathize with
your difficulty coping with your mom - those of us who witness this behavior
on the 'outside' have nothing but compassion for family members that must
deal with it every day.  I sincerely hope that you can find a way to bring
her some happiness while relieving the your stress level.
--------
Mary Ann