William

I had DBS at Scripps, La Jolla, CA June 26 - on  July 3 Dr. would only do one
implant cause (altho I was awake and don't remember anyone saying I wasn't
responding well) he wasn't satisfied with location of electrodes in left brain
for right side.   After 2nd programming my left side tremor is almost gone,
left foot has straightened out, but toes are so knotted, walking is possible, but
very difficult = however the fatigue I was experiencing seems to have let up,
also sweating and smell I, but no one else notices.  Just had an ocular
migraine today.

Am having left brain redone for right side on Sept 4.  I don't take PD Meds.
I'm definitelty better, but don't think I will ever be truly functional
again. Maybe Sinemet would help now, I may try it.  Don't think the verdict will be
in for awhile.   As we know, this is not a cure.  I was hoping to tap dance
again, but don't think it is going to happen.  Think the outcome is  uncertain
and varies with each person.

Altho Dr. Waltz is Head of Neurosurgery and suppposedly world renown and
very, very nice, the fact remains one side has to be redone.  He told me it was
like flying an airplane - you have to believe the  "instruments" which showed
placement to be correct.  I've made it through surgeries very well, so  I"m
hoping my luck holds.  Good luck to your wife.

Rayilyn