Murray,

Whilst the studies (?) did not produce any conclusive evidence I would not
rule out the possibility because alchohol, especially spirits have a toxic
effect on the body; also they can cause severe dehydration and cause blood
vessels to contract thereby reducing blood supply to the brain. In France,
in the late 19th/early 20th centuries Absinthe was banned because it caused
severe brain damage. Alchohol is a poison, therefore, if taken in excess
very harmful; and if combined with anti-depressents a potential cause of PD.

I don't wish to be boring but this type of question re-inforces my argument
for establishing a world-wide database of as many PD case histories as
possible, and that it be designed and maintained by the PwP communinty,
independent of any organisation with vested interests, so that we can force
things to happen rather than wait and accept the present regime of
diagnosis, medication and surgery as a downward spiral.

I'm not saying I'm a 'smart-arse' and I don't wish to offend or upset any
fellow PwP but I must be doing something right because I'm taking less meds
now than a year ago and my mobility is improving all the time. I truly want
to contribute to defeating this evil, destructive, illness.

yours,
Marco

PS. I'm glad you're OK