Hi,

I am a new member.  Has anyone had to deal with an older parent with PD?  I
am about to lose my mind.  I have full time caregiver for my mother but she is
getting to be impossible to take care of.  She falls often and refuses to use
her walker.  Yesterday she dislocated her shoulder and we spent the evening in
the hospital. She has also become very manic
these days and full of anxiety.

We have tried everything..medication wise...nothing seems to help.  Dr.
Fazzini is her doctor in NY.  If we deal with the anxiety too much..she will be too
drowsy and fall even more.  She needs to be entertained all day long or she
gets nasty.  This is not my mother who ten years ago was a fabulous rehab
counselor for NY State in her 70s!

She is running out of money because she and my late father both had PD and it
has cost us a fortune for caregivers ($40,00a year +) and we have to sell her
house so she will have money to live on.  I am thinking about building an
extension to my house so she can still live with her caregiver...with a locked
door!

She is too high level for a nursing home..wants to always be on the move
although she falls...and she needs too much care for assisted living.

Any ideas?  I am worn out and very upset. My mother was my best friend and
the kindest person.

Thanks so much!

My Best to all of you!