From:  Margaret Tuchman <[log in to unmask]>
To:  Gail Vass <[log in to unmask]>

Gail,

I wrote a long & rambling tribute to Murray before I read
the "not so good news".

I leave it up to you to decide whether he wants to be
bothered by such a piece.

Thanks for your friendship.

Margaret

Murray Charters
1703 - 189 Davie Street
Vancouver, British Columbia
Canada V6Z-2X9

I copied Murray Charters address so I could send him a
card wishing him well. I got up from my chair and was
ready to close up shop for the night, when I felt the need
to sit back down and  "free-associate".

Names of PWPs past and present, and memories of times
past rushed through my brain, punctuated by some events
which were experienced by the collective "us", and some
 that only two or just a few were privy to.

We are thousands of time travelers sharing a condition that
separates us from the rest of the world.

Because of this  commonality, we have created our own
universe and along  with it, the PWP persona.

When needed, individuals step  forward and assume the role
of givers, suppliers. There is  no election, no request for volunteers,
no assignments made  – simply a Murray Charters persona begins
to create a universe  of organized information to fit the needs of the
PWP community.

What drives him to higher and loftier grounds?

How does one prepare for "serving the common good"?

Consider the people on this list.   I think I recognize the larger than
life shadowy figures aka as personas of  Alan Bonander,  Barbara
Patterson,  Joe R. Bruman,  John Cottingham,  Dr.Robert Fink,
Camilla H.Flintermann, Jerry Finch,  Marjorie L. Moorefield, Phil
Tompkins,  Janet Paterson, Charles T. Meyer,  Judith Richardson,
Patrick Henry,  Martin Bayne, Fred Zeiss, Stephan  Schwartz,
Dale Severance,  Margaret Monty,  Kathrynne Holden,  Brian Collins,
Linda Herman,  and dozens of others who remain unnamed for the
 moment but who are never-the-less on my list of CHAMPIONS.

What makes these people, these PWPs, singular?

At least one of them is not even a PWP.  Sorry John Boy, for
singling  you out - but you are one with us in heart, mind and soul.
Is this quality  genetic, environmental, or toxic?  A physiologic or,
psychological aberration?  Is there an imaging scan capable of
identifying it early? NO! It is idiopathic and a cure is not expected.

There have always been and I pray that there will always be a
need  and desire in select PWPs to come forward and display their
personas  that is far more powerful than the voices of the " I and Me(s )"
who serve only their narrow and limiting selves.

Cloning is not an option.   Only naturally grown  and slowly maturing
champions need apply.

Please take good care of yourself,  dear Murray – you are one of our
most valued Champs.

Margaret  Tuchman
August 7, 2003

Dear Margaret,

I read your beautiful tribute and agree with every word of it . I would only
add that Margaret Tuchman should be added to this list of CHAMPIONS.

I am sending your post on to Murray, his family and the PIEN List for
all to read.

Your friend,
Gail Vass