Hi!Sue:
    I have both good and bad news.  The good news is that for me Ayurvedic
medicine is beneficial.  The Bad news is that it may take several years to
get the full benefit.
    I have been on it for about 8 months now.  From around 3-4 months into
this treatment, I did not experience any dystonia at all.  Around 5-6
months, I felt a slight improvement in postural instability.  My problems in
swallowing have disappeared.  I find a noticeavle decrease in salival
secretion during sleep. I do not have much shoulder pain that I had in my
right hand. I do not have any stiffness or calf muscle pain for  the past
several months.  Does this mean a decrease in bradykinesia?  I am not sure.
Thereis a marginal improvement in my handwriting (signature).  I still have
low voice and my facial mask has not disappeared nor has it gotten worse.
My tremor (ET) in my left leg has almost disappeared; but, not the tremor in
my right leg and right hand. From what I read in Dr. Lieberman's column, if
there is any recovery PD possible, according to him, it may take at least 5
years to confirm that it  is true recovery and not just a symptomatic
relief.  I have to add a note of caution.  This does not mean a steady
improvement in the symptoms.  I still have ups and downs occasionally.  It
is like a tug of war going on in my body two forces pulling me in opposite
directions.  As long as the effect of medicine is positive, I am planning to
continue.
    I explained to Dr. Paneri about my blood pressure problem (orthostatic
hypertension).  He sent me some additional medicine.  Reluctantly I tried it
and to my surprise it seems to work.  My resting pressure came down from
135/90/80 to an average of 115/75/65.  I still find my pressure goes upto
140/95/90 when I stand up; however, unlike before, within a minute it falls
back to 120/85/70.
    I also found that the medicine lost its effect after about two weeks ( I
receive enough supply for two months).  Therefore, when I received the last
batch, I started storing it in the fridge.  I probably have solved the
problem of medicine loosing its effect.  Only time will tell.
    I also must add that I am not conducting any double blind study (on
myself) !?!  I am also taking other non-prescription supplements including
oral reduced-glutathione, Co E Q10, PS, Acetyl-L-carnitine, lipoic acid,
NADH, and vitamins (E, B6, B12, Folic Acid).  I am also taking quercetine,
saw palmetto etc for my BPH.
    So far I have been lucky, considering the nature of the disease.  I am
still keeping away from prescription drugs and in the past two years, I
should say my symptom have progressed very slowly.  I am hoping to beat this
disease slowly but surely.  I just live one day at a time.  I can still
walk, and can perform almost every normal every day activities I use to do a
few years ago.  I am still busy doing my cancer research, in addition to
keeping up with the progress in PD research. I am still doing 3-4 hrs of
computer work everyday.  Why not?  I am only 70.
    I am taking Dr. Lieberman's advice to the heart: "Act like a tiger and
think like a fox!"  There is no way out. Face the music and have some fund
while doing it!
    My strategy is this.  I am constantly on the lookout for any supplement
that will be conducive for the health of the nervous system.  Anything to
retard the progression of PD, without causing undesirable side effects.
     I know some people do not want to trust anything other than western
medicine.    I respect their views.  I am just sharing my experience. I am
not sure whatever works for me may not necessarily  work for everybody.
Please use your experience, your physician's advice before you do anything.
But, if you chose to go this way, please do so and feel free to discuss your
problems frankly.  If you do not find any improvement in your symptoms, you
should write to him about it.  If you find it beneficial, you should
continue; if not, discontinue. But, do not expect miracles in a week or two.
As Dr. Lieberman says, real progress may take several years, if at all that
can be achieved.
    This is my last posting on this topic.  I do not intend to post any
thing more on this topic for atleast another two years.
    Wish you all the best.
    Raj