Mornin' All,

That litle bit of nonsense 'bout the number 13 yesterday reminded me of this...

"Why did I say... Houston, We Have A Problem" my daughter Sherri asked the other day...

"Well," I said, "when I realized that I had a collapsed lung, my brain silently muttered "Houston, We Have A
Problem..." something like Jack Swigert and James Lovell's never to be forgotten communication to NASA Command Central
when their #2 oxygen tank blew away in outer space..."

Her brows furrowed.

"You know," I said, "Apollo 13!"

"Ahh... the movie" she replied.

It suddenly dawned on me that the ill-fated flight of Apollo 13 took place a little over 33 years ago... Sherri was 9
months old in April, 1970... She, of course, had no memory whatsoever of an event that was etched into my brain much in
the manner of the John Kennedy assassination...

Ya wanna talk reality TV?

Also etched in my memory is Walter Cronkite narrating a broadcast that included prayers for the astronauts from diverse
people all around the world....

The movie... Nah... It was Ok, (Ron Howard et all did a superb job...) but... I don't remember the movie like the real
thing...

Read the Reviews
http://www.top-selling-dvds.com/0783230710

For the real pictures ya gotta visit NASA...

Apollo 13
http://nssdc.gsfc.nasa.gov/planetary/lunar/apollo13info.html

Detailed Chronology of Events Surrounding the Apollo 13 accident
http://nssdc.gsfc.nasa.gov/planetary/lunar/ap13chrono.html

"Houston, we've had a problem!"
http://ka9rut.tripod.com/a13prob.wav

Jim Lovell ... "Failure is not an option."
http://new.wavlist.com/movies/098/a13-failure.wav

Apollo 13's mission to the moon faced disaster, but resulted in the safe return of all the astronauts.

That's my goal too... A most successful disaster!

The prayers from a diverse group are flooding in...

I don't have asbestosis!

The fluid drained from my pleural effusion was clear, straw colored!

My left lung still has some fluid in the chest cavity, but it is no longer collapsed and I don't feel nearly as "short
of breath"!

I slept a tad better last night...

My voice is "improved" today...

I feel well... Well enough to go to my dentist this morning, lie back in the chair sans chronic cough, and get a little
fillin' in a tooth that's been buggin' me...

Well enough to return to work soon!

Keep smilin' ... I am!

cheers ...... murray

* * *