Tom - I can't answer as to whether the odor you are experiencing is
caused by the PD or not, but I have a friend who always smelled something
burning and she was no where near where trash, etc was burning.  Finally
a pharmacist told her to take some zinc and in 20 days or so, it cleared
up.  Don't take my word for it though, you need to consult a doctor or
pharmacist or nurtitionist.  Best to you.  Jo Ann