I notice that several of you seem to be smelling things that others do not
smell.  My husband did the same thing early in the disease.  He smelled smoke
and fire and I spent many nights searching for that smell.  He also smelled
something odd on his skin while I did not.  It was several years later that we
first read about olfactory hallucinations.  Do not let the word hallucination
frighten you this is just another of Parkinson's little difficulties and harmless
at that.  We have a friend who for years smelled chocolate and accused his
wife of hiding it from him!!!  I have tried to find a reference to this in one
of my Parkinson's books but so far have not.  I assure you that you are not
alone in this experience.  If you go to a support group mention it and probably
others there have the same experience or talk to your Parkinson's movement
disorder--believe me they have heard of it.  Hope this helps  Jackie wife of PWP
of nearly 20 years.