Dear Raj,

I believe I spoke to you on the phone about a year ago.  I too, have been
pursing alternative avenues.  In the Arizona Chapter of APDA - Parkinson
News and Views - Spring 2003 they had an article on page 11 concerning a
"Tucson-Based Project to Treat Parkinson's Disease with Oriental Medicine".
I was accepted into the program July 9, 2003 with the caveat that all
parkinson's drugs must be stopped (was on 5 mg selegiline twice daily).  I
have had 9 treatments (2 a week plus once a week work on my shoulder for an
accident I suffered 35 years ago) and have responded incredibly well.
Everything has dramatically improved.  I can now stand on one foot (still a
little wobbly but before it was impossible), bradykinesia is greatly
improved, stiffness greatly improved and sleep patterns are much better.
Restless leg syndrome is almost completely gone and  I can roll over in bed!
I am really excited about a full recovery.  I have improved at a much
greater rate than the average person and I am so grateful, but the testimony
of others is also positive.  To read more about the procedures followed you
can visit www.pdrecovery.org
Susan Pistawka is the only one in Tucson doing this PD Study.

Take care, Phyllis