A fellow listmember "patched" me Olga's post with the questions, and I will
try to answer:

Hi Friends,

> I have some important questions, hope some one can help me.
>
> 1. Has anybody out there tried out  Osato's Immun'Age FPP (papaya
> extract)?
>
> Me and a PWP fellow run a Hungarian-English link collection for PWPs and
> a CG (wife) called me today asking for help and info on papaya extract.
> I found alot links and articles about this papaya extract but not any
> experiments from PWPs, only Dan H's letter in this July to PIEN , with
> almost no replies, and one letter from a PWP to Kathrynne Holden in my
> AsktheDietitian collection. I explained to the CG that according to the
> articles etc. it is not yet advised to use this supplementary, but they
> - she and her 49 yr old PWP husband - are extremly desperated to try it
> out. A friend of their lives in Hungary and also in Los Angeles where
> the Immun'Age can be purchased from, and their friend flies back to LA
> in the near future...
>
> Any advice and info would be highly appreciated!

There is no evidence that I know of that papaya extract has any value in the
treatment of Parkinson's.

> [...]
>
> -more and more water (and gaining weight ) collected all in my body
>
> -due to this terrible weight I am hardly able to move at all
> -diuretics and heart meds give less and less use
>
> -constant pain is in my shoulders and arms, beside the "normal" pains
>
> -my local doc cut me off the Madopar, saying I was too young to take it,
> now I am on Mirapex again, but without amantadine
>
> - meds and painkillers do not give me lessening from RLS (Restless
> LegSyndr.)
>
> -hardly am able to carry out the most simple tasks because of the
> strong
> pain and weakness in my arms and generally, in my body (e.g. it is a
> real crime to make my hair or a tooth brushing...)
>
> -I am always tired, very-very tired
> - cannot stand the tiniest stress
>
> -still have breathing and BP (blood pressure) problems
>
> -there are more than 6 adenomas/nodus in my  left thyroid gland (the
> right gland was totally resected due to a "hot and toxic" adenoma in
> 1976), and htey seem to be more and more as if they were spread almost
> month by month
>
> -I have almost all the symptoms of hypothyroidism
>
> -there is a nice middle size "stone" in my kidney, but I was told by the
> urologist "Dear Ma'm, the better thing is if you will give birth to this
> stone baby alone! Aauuhh,10 yrs ago I gave birth to "kidney sands"
> (????) alone - oh guys, believe me, it is not a thing to dream about for
> a girl...or a boy
>
> -something is also went wrong with my liver (it is quite enlarged ,
> though, unfortunately, I have never been able to drink alcohol!)
>
> -I guess I am in a very deep depression, I cry more and more, have no
> any will and power to do anything
>
> - docs do not do anything, maybe they are waiting for me to tell them
> what to do ((UltraSound exams to control my thyr. glands were carried
> out 3 different times  in 3 different parts of Hungary, and only these
> USound docs gave me some advice: go to a surgery right now or ASAP - one
> of them also mentioned that the "shadows" ????? of the adenomas are "not
> good" - she meant, perhaps, that those adenomas/nodus are not benign,
> she did not explain it. Oh, one more thing: the pulmonologist (I had
> pneumonia, among others, in the past fwe weeks) also told me this
> surgeary thing, because the struma is growing inside, towards my heart
> and it also begins to push my oesophagus.  Their dx was struma nodosa
> and mix edema. without any written comment.   Well,  it is not so easy,
> I cannot go to an operating room and ask somebody for "Will you please
> cut my neck...?" There are special,  difficult official ways to get in
> to an operating room.))
>
> - taking into account that there are alot (OK, some) similarities
> between PD
> and hypothyr. symptoms, isn't it possible that I have only one disease
> of them...?
>
> Ideas? Opinions? Suggestions? Similar experiments?

Olga,

It sounds as if there are a number of things going on with you medically, and
your description does not give me any specific ideas.  The water
accumulation could be due to thyroid problems (which would usually not
respond to diuretics), but could also be due to a heart or circulation problem
(which might respond to diuretics).

You need to get a series of *diagnoses* from your doctors and then, I might
be able to make some comments.  Good luck.

Best,

Bob

Robert A. Fink, M. D., F.A.C.S., P. C.
2500 Milvia Street  Suite 222
Berkeley, California  94704-2636
Telephone:  510-849-2555   FAX:  510-849-2557
WWW:  http://www.rafink.com/

mailto:[log in to unmask]

"Ex Tristitia Virtus"