 Do
> you think it is benefitial or perhaps make you sad?

This year I lost a 98 year old patient that I had been caring for.  I took
care of his wife originally, then wound up caring for him as well - they had
been married for 75 years.  When she died,  Jack would cry every time I
visited him.  Her picture sat opposite his chair in his living room and he
would confide that he could hardly wait to die so that he would be united
with his beloved wife again.

Jack's family was very anxious to make him comfortable and spent a good deal
of time trying to meet his needs.  They knew that he needed to see his
wife's face in order to just get through another day.  It soothed his heart
and made his life a little easier to bare.

Mark must consider that his father's grief continues whether there is a
picture of his wife in his room or not.  Even if the picture brings tears,
it is still a good thing to honor the love, commitment and joy that his
parents must have shared.  I would encourage Mark to ask his father if he
would like a picture of his wife in his room. Even if his father is
suffering from dementia, he might be able to give a response to that
question one way or another.
God bless
Mary Ann (CG Jamie 63/23)