    Hey joey-[if you would like to run w/ this, I can promise you an
interview w/ the executive producer, and probably get interviews w/ one
or more of the performers and possibly get Bruce to either give me a
written statement or to say a few words about the project...let me know
if anyone has some interest in this asap.      j

      On Tuesday, the 2nd of September, a very special album (I can't
help myself; that's what we always called them!) will be released. It
has been the project of my friend & fellow parkie, Bob Benjamin, who is
also the executive producer of  LIGHT OF DAY: A TRIBUTE TO BRUCE
SPRINGSTEEN. This project was organized by Sal Trepat, the publisher of
the Spanish Springsteen fan magazine Point Blank, and Bob Benjamin, who
manages Springsteen's friend Joe
<http://top40-charts.com/artist.php?aid=1152> Grushecky. They were
assisted by singer-songwriter Elliott Murphy, who also performs the song
"Better Days" on the set.

     This 2-disc set features a veritable smorgasbord of talent with 37
artists doing covers of Bruce's songs. The project features performances
by Elvis Costello
<http://thefoxonline.com/cgi-bin/music.cgi?type=artist&string=Elvis+Costello>,
Pete Yorn, Patty Griffin, Billy Bragg, Dion, Joe Ely, and E Street Band
guitarist Nils Lofgren, among others and seeks to honor "The Boss" for
his songwriting abilities.  The artists  recorded the songs  and then
donated them  for this cd.

     Proceeds from Light Of Day will benefit two charities - the
Parkinson's Disease Foundation and the Kristen Ann Carr Fund, which was
established after the death of Springsteen co-manager Barbara Carr's
daughter. The Kristen Ann Carr Fund raises money for the fight against
rare sarcoma cancer tumors. Producer Bob Benjamin is a fundraiser for
Robin Elliot & the PDF and has held three concerts at which "The Boss"
was a surprise guest.

     The tracklisting for Light Of Day: A Tribute To Bruce Springsteen
includes:
Disc One -- Elliott Murphy, "Better Days"; Dion, "Book Of Dreams"; Lucky
7, "Valentine's Day"; Dan Bern, "Thunder Road"; Crazysloth, "Candy's
Room"; the Mystic Knights Of The Sea (featuring former Georgia
Satellites Dan Baird and Rick Richards), "Johnny 99"; Nils Lofgren, "Man
At The Top"; Cindy Bullens, "If I Should Fall Behind"; Matthew Ryan,
"Something In The Night"; Mike Rimbaud, "Atlantic City"; Sid Griffin,
"Highway Patrolman"; Billy Bragg & the Blokes, "Mansion On The Hill";
Joe D'Urso & Stone Caravan, "Badlands"; Steve Wynn, "State Trooper";
Gary Lucas' Gods And Monsters, "Ain't Got You"; Jennifer Glass, "Bobby
Jean"; the Clarks, "The River"; Marc Broussard, "Back In Your Arms"; and
John Cafferty
<http://thefoxonline.com/cgi-bin/music.cgi?type=artist&string=John+Cafferty>
& the Beaver Brown Band, "E Street Shuffle."
Disc Two -- Elvis Costello, "Brilliant Disguise"; Pete Yorn, "New York
City Serenade"; Graham Parker, "Pink
<http://thefoxonline.com/cgi-bin/music.cgi?type=artist&string=Pink>
Cadillac"; Garland Jeffreys, "Streets Of Philadelphia"; Jason
Ringenberg, "My Hometown"; Joe Grushecky & the Houserockers, "Light Of
Day"; Rosie Flores, "Lucky Town"; Willie Nile, "I'm On Fire"; Kirk
Kelly, "Downbound Train
<http://thefoxonline.com/cgi-bin/music.cgi?type=artist&string=Train>";
Patty Griffin, "Stolen Car"; Paradise Brothers, "Souls Of The Departed";
Mark Wright, "Two Hearts"; Graziano Romani, "The Promise"; the Format,
"For You"; Jesse Malin, "Hungry Heart"; Tom Cochrane
<http://thefoxonline.com/cgi-bin/music.cgi?type=artist&string=Tom+Cochrane>
& Damhnait Doyle, "Secret Garden"; Cowboy Mouth, "Born To Run"; and Joe
Ely, "Working On The Highway."

     So here is your chance to buy some great music and to donate to
Parkinson's Disease.

--
ÐÏ à¡± á