hi murr

you wrote:
> Hi jp,
> I appreciate your thoughts, prayers and best wishes...
> But jp, I must protest...
> I do have a STRANGER WITHIN
> who attempts to destroy my life,
> who attempts to take away my dignity
> and my self esteem.
> I do have a tumour in my lung...
> oh, i'm taking the prescribed chemo...
> But i'm going to need that little bit more...
> i'm going to need all the prayers and bears,
> all the thoughts and resolve...
> did you like the poem?
> the bears, Brenda and I discovered a new bird
> taking up residence in the nearby marina...
> a belted kingfisher!
> ya hadda be there!
> cheers .... murray

the teddy bear gang's mention of a 'stranger' within
i think
refers to parkinson's disease

but whether the 'stranger' is seen as
something mysterious causing wanted cells to die
or causing unwanted cells to grow
we are still talking about our physical bodies
which
since they are physically born
are destined without exception
to physically die
due to inevitable damage, disease or deterioration
no?

when i compare the physical appearance of
my hand to my granddaughter's hand
mine looks fully 56 old now and
surely won't last another 56!

our physical beings
aka shells aka containers aka body bags (!)
are only a small aspect of who we are
our time here is only temporal

the being that we may sense is within us
with some fear and trepidation
is not a threatening stranger
is is who we really are
where we really come from
and to whom we really will return
once we are done here

as someone once said
the kingdom is within
seek and find
ask and be given

all of our thoughts and prayers and good wishes and resolve
come from that kingdom which we all share in

from an ad for a movie about a young man personifying god:
his girlfriend says 'if you really are god, show me a miracle!'
he points to a tree and she says 'that's just a tree!'
and he says 'oh yeah? well, why don't you make one?'

we think we know all about our physical world
but we actually know very little

so imagine how much more there is for us to know
in time
and
out of time

that tumour is another learning experience
for you and for all you touch
which is all of us

much love

janet

ps
the poem is spot on
and the kingfisher is yet another miracle
viz:
http://www.bcadventure.com/adventure/wilderness/birds/kingfish.htm

janet paterson
an akinetic rigid subtype, albeit primarily perky, parky
pd: 56-41-37 cd: 56-44-43 tel: 613-256-8340
w-site: http://www.janetpaterson.net/