Friday August 29th. 2003

Hi All,

My horoscope today started with...

LEO (July 23-Aug. 22): Friends will play an important role in your life today.

I thought... that's not too earth shattering... they do every day!! Back to my coffee...

Soon the phone started ringing...

And the e-mail started flooding in...

Then the door buzzer rang and a most unexpected parcel was delivered...

Friends were playing EXTRA important roles in my life today...

Now every day will be a picnic! We've just been Teddy Beared!!

The note inside reads in part...

"All of us have been hit with the STRANGER WITHIN who attempts to destroy our lives, who attempts to take away our
dignety and our self esteem. The TEDDY BEAR GANG fights this STRANGER WITHIN with laughter, smiles, and with love in
the form of a Teddy Bear. These, along with friendship, are sent with the sincerest caring."

Thankyou TEDDY BEAR GANG!!  Thankyou!!  Thankyou!!

There is also a card with a personal hand written message that reads...

"Some Native American Tribes believe an albino animal is luck and good fortune. The TEDDY BEAR GANG hopes the white
Bongo Bear will be that for you, Murray.  Bongo's friend is for you, Brenda. Sometimes it's nice to have something soft
of your own." E. for the TEDDY BEAR GANG.

Now Brenda chimes in... Thankyou TEDDY BEAR GANG!!  Thankyou!!  Thankyou!!

She asks me to look up "The Teddy Bear's Picnic" on the WWWeb, and in so doing, I came across a wonderful Poem...

This poem says it all...

If Teddy Bears Ruled The World

If teddy bears ruled the world,
Oh my, what a wonderful place.
Everyone would be happy.
There would be a smile on every face.

We would picnic every Sunday
At our favorite old oak tree.
We would sing and dance and prance about,
Just playing joyfully.

We would all be nice to each other
And always lend a hand.
Ready with a bear hug,
We would always understand.

We would all be happy when something nice
Happened for one of our friends
And our friendships would last forever.
Nothing would cause them to end.

We would be kind to everyone,
Not just those in our own home,
But to everyone throughout our world,
Wherever we may roam.

Yes, if teddy bears ruled the world,
What a wonderful life this would be.
Our hearts would always be happy
As we danced by the old oak tree.

Janis Miner 1997
http://members.tripod.com/~bigbee/poem.html

Two big Teddy bears do rule the world at our house starting today...

Drumroll please....

"The Teddy Bear's Picnic"
http://members.tripod.com/~bigbee/#teddy

Thankyou once more TEDDY BEAR GANG!!