I thought I would repost our CFPs for the Medieval and Renaissance Drama
sessions at the 2004 International Medieval Congress one last time before
the deadline next Monday.

Our "Manuscripts and Performance" session is now full. Please don't send
any more abstracts for that session. Our other, three session organizers,
however, are still accepting abstracts, preferably via e-mail:

>"Itinerant players in the sixteenth century" The plan for this session is
>_not_ to focus on major travelling companies, but on the evidence for
>individuals and small (unlicensed?) companies.  Abstracts dealing with
>English and continental sources are both welcome.  The time frame can
>easily be expanded backwards if there are papers dealing with the
>fifteenth century.

Organizer: David N. Klausner <[log in to unmask]>

>"Early Stage Revivals of Medieval Drama," ... Proposals dealing with early
>modern drama will also be given consideration.

Organizer: Robert Clark <[log in to unmask]>

>"Never Appear with Them: Animals and Children in Medieval Drama"
>Possible topics:
>         The use of animals onstage (e.g. the Interludium de Clerico et
> Puella)
>Children or animals and the pulling of dramatic focus: the problems and
>the opportunities provided by their presence
>         Children or animals as figures for comedy and/or pathos
>         Childhood as theme or as a means of reinforcing other themes
>         Children and/or animals in the records or surviving play texts

Organizer: Victor I. Scherb <[log in to unmask]>

You can also submit abstracts directly to me at the fax or e-mail address
below so that I can forward abstracts to the session organizers.

Gloria Betcher

Gloria J. Betcher, Ph.D.
Associate Editor, _Early Theatre_
Secretary/Treasurer, Medieval and Renaissance Drama Society
Dept. of English
Iowa State University
206 Ross Hall
Ames, IA 50011