On 2 Sep 2003 at 21:26, Virginia Christiansen wrote:

> I am copying below an e-mail I got.  I did find the virus and got rid
> of it. I hope you don't have it, but better check than be sorry.
>

> Hello Everyone (from Janet & son Bill)
>
>          There are some addresses from my old,expired address file,
>          that may
> not have tranferred to my new address file. So I will try to send this
> from my EXPIRED address (<A
> HREF="mailto:[log in to unmask]">[log in to unmask]</A>).
>
>          Please use my
>  NEW ADDRESS:  <A
>  HREF="mailto:[log in to unmask]">[log in to unmask]</A>.
>    Sorry if this part is a
> duplicate message, because my Sept. 1st group email has not sent yet
> (cause: just 1 invalid email).
>
>           Bill's new email address is : <A
>           HREF="mailto:[log in to unmask]">[log in to unmask]
>           net< /A>.
> But his old hotmail address had not yet been deleted, and may still
> accept emails for a time.
>
>          Our cousin-in-law Marge Silver sent me (Janet) an email
>          August 30th,
> which I just opened, warning me that my computer may be infected with
> an especially dangerous virus that completely escapes detection by
> both Norton and Mc-Affey* antivirus systems, called: "jdbgmgr.exe"
> with a teddy bear icon. (*Everyone spells it differently, but a
> computer salesman dictated "Mc-Affey" to me.)

DO NOT remove this "virus".  It is NOT a virus, but rather a file necessary to
the function of Windows.  Removing it may disable your computer.  The
creator of this hoax is getting his/her jollies this way instead of writing a
*real* virus.

DO NOT follow "advice" such as this until you have checked it out with a
reliable source (like the Symantec or McAfee sites).

Best,

Bob

Robert A. Fink, M. D., F.A.C.S., P. C.
2500 Milvia Street  Suite 222
Berkeley, California  94704-2636
Telephone:  510-849-2555   FAX:  510-849-2557
WWW:  http://www.rafink.com/

mailto:[log in to unmask]

"Ex Tristitia Virtus"