I am copying below an e-mail I got.  I did find the virus and got rid of it.
I hope you don't have it, but better check than be sorry.

Hello Everyone (from Janet & son Bill)

         There are some addresses from my old,expired address file, that may
not have tranferred to my new address file. So I will try to send this from my
EXPIRED address (<A HREF="mailto:[log in to unmask]">[log in to unmask]</A>).

         Please use my
 NEW ADDRESS:  <A HREF="mailto:[log in to unmask]">[log in to unmask]</A>.     Sorry if this part is a
duplicate message, because my Sept. 1st group email has not sent yet (cause: just 1
invalid email).

          Bill's new email address is : <A HREF="mailto:[log in to unmask]">[log in to unmask]</A>.
But his old hotmail address had not yet been deleted, and may still accept
emails for a time.

         Our cousin-in-law Marge Silver sent me (Janet) an email August 30th,
which I just opened, warning me that my computer may be infected with an
especially dangerous virus that completely escapes detection by both Norton and
Mc-Affey* antivirus systems, called: "jdbgmgr.exe" with a teddy bear icon.
(*Everyone spells it differently, but a computer salesman dictated "Mc-Affey" to
me.)  It may attack everyone in our email address books, even with no email
communication, and in turn, attack the address books of all our contacts.
Instructions are here to check for and remove the virus, which Bill found in one
of our files (Hard Drive C), and successfully deleted without opening.
However, we, and in turn, you, should be able to avoid the damage, which takes 14
days to take effect.  But you must check for the virus first, then notify
everyone in your address book, with a NEW email (NOT forwarded).  We're still such
novices, that we're not sure how to copy and paste Marge's email to ours, so
we're retyping her email, with a few key words we've highlighted in bold, red
letters.  Marge is quoted below:

"Sorry to give you this bad news.  My computer was infected with a virus.  My
address book WAS infected.  Since you are in my address book, there is a good
chance you will find it in your computer, too.  The virus is NOT detected by
Norton or Mc-Affey antivirus systems.  It sits quietly for 14 days before
damaging the system.  It is sent automatically by messenger and by the address
book, whether or not you sent email to your contacts.

Here is how to check for the virus and how to get rid of it:

1.  Go to START, select SEARCH or FIND.

2.  In the file folder option, type the name of the virus:   jdbgmgr.exe

3.  Be sure to check your C drive and all subfolders and any other drives you
may have.

4.  Click "Find Now"

5.  The virus has a teddy bear icon, with the name above:  jdbgmgr.exe.  DO
NOT OPEN IT!

6.  Go to EDIT (on the menu bar above) and choose SELECT ALL to highlight the
file without opening it.

7.  Now go to FILE (also on the menu bar) and select DELETE.  The virus will
then go to the recycle bin.

8.  If you find the virus, YOU MUST CONTACT ALL THE PEOPLE IN YOUR ADDRESS
BOOK WITH THIS MESSAGE.

9.  To do this:

A)  Open a new email message.

B)  Click the icon of the address book next to the "TO"

C)  Highlight every name in the address book and add to "BCC" (blind copy).

D)  Copy this message and paste email and send.

      Sorry for the inconvenience!!!!"

                              (END of Marge's email message)

Virginia Christiansen
Rochester, MN