Roberta....I don't have tremors so cannot advise on that part.....but I know
several people who do use it for pain and swear by it including me....I
first used one at a physical therapy sessions recommended by my doctor at
the local hospital.,,,.but it's great for pain....it's  a battery powered
stimulator and sends      electrical stimulation to block the pain  .through
wires onto four patches you place on your body...similar to EKG
patches....see bottom of page for picture link....and if you buy one, check
out the prices as they can be all over the place....

For TENS information, it's under Low Back Pain in the Diseases and
Conditions section of   Harvards medical information at
www.intellihealth.com or you can put TENS Unit in the search box....gives
you  links to ....

  a.. What is TENS?
  b.. How does TENS work?
  c.. Are there different types of TENS?
  d.. How effective is TENS?
  e.. What are the advantages and disadvantages of TENS?
  f..
  and for the picture of the hook up....go to this site that sells them ..
www.rehaboutlet.com/1053.htm
Good luck...Joan Hartman