I'd like to put in a good word for tai chi -- a mind-body exercise that is
excellent for concentration, strength, balance.  The tai chi "form," which has
been described as meditation in motion, consists of a prescribed series of
fluid, coordinated moves that take about 20 minutes from start to finish. Tai chi
is a martial art and the moves relate to attacking and defending.

I've been doing tai chi for several years now and when I neglect to practice,
I notice the difference. Sometimes if I'm feeling tense, I can visualize
myself doing the form and it has a relaxing effect.

The key is finding a good teacher whose style suits you. I have an
extraordinary teacher who gives classes in Yonkers and Bronxville, NY. If anyone would
like information about him, please e-mail me directly.

Kathleen