Final cost[?] of bilateral dbs. $64,000  I understand that this is very cheep!

Viral polyp in nose. Cure. Antibacterial ointment.
Cost ENT visit $600  This led to a sleep test
First night $1200
Second night #1800
CPAP machine $1500 plus

Why can't my GP prescribe a few nights rental . If it helps, I buy my own machine for as little as $350. THEN if things are a bit more complicated than normal, do the sleep test.

I made EVERYBODY angry and bought my own full featured, machine for $595.
The Dr held up the prescription for 4 weeks. My insurance won't reimburse me. Said that they must play by Medicare rules which includes a rental period. My part of the rental cost would be about $595.

GREED GREED GREED The cpap machine is great. but the system is crazy. What if EVERYONE had a $5000 deductible that forced them to ask money questions. could we then have some real competition that forced fair pricing?
gwc