Dear colleagues,

I am pleased to announce that European Medieval Drama volume 7, which is the first volume of this periodical to be published as a result of the new association between the publishers Brepols and the SITM, is about to go to press. It will probably be published before the end of December 2003.

This means that it is now time to start thinking about volumes 8 and 9. I am therefore inviting colleagues to submit to the editor, in English or in French, original articles on any aspect of medieval drama for publication in EMD 8 (2004) and EMD 9 (2005). Articles should be submitted in the form of a PC file, either in RTF or Word for Windows format.

EMD is also prepared occasionally to publish translations into English of medieval plays in other languages.

With regard to book reviews, EMD does not set out to review all books published in our field, but we are eager to review major works on any aspect of our discipline. I would therefore be grateful if colleagues would let me know if there are any books on medieval drama which they think merit a review in EMD.

I am, of course, prepared to answer any queries about submissions to EMD, whether about content, presentation, or anything else.

Colleagues might like to know that the web page for the 2004 Elche conference of the SITM is now functioning and the following address:

http://parnaseo.uv.es/Ars/webelx/elx.htm

I apologise if you receive more than one copy of this message.

Graham A. Runnalls
General Editor
European Medieval Drama

85A Colinton Road