Hello, my name is Malysa (pronounced Melissa) and I just wanted to introduce myself. My grandpa has Parkinson's and is rapidly getting worse, although he is very high spirited and doesn't let it get to him too much as he still tries to continue doing everything he could before although he does realize some of his limitations.

Anyway, I live in Washington (state, not DC) and  I am also currently a NAC (certified nursing assistant) (actually I am just completing the class and preparing to take the state exam) and will be working in a nursing home starting in a couple of weeks.

I am hoping to learn as much as I can about Parkinson's here on the mailing list - all aspects of it even including caregiving (caring for someone with Parkinson's and what they need both physically and emotionally and how to best meet the needs of someone with Parkinson's, how to increase their quality of life and help them with activities of daily living) and also how it really affects people, not just physically and not just the symptoms but on a more personal level emotionally.

I look forward to participating on this list and getting to know some of you and learn whatever I can. Thank you for listening to my long winded and probably boring introduction of myself.