Joan:

I have been "incognito" on the Listserv for quite a time and this is the first time I can really give you my experience with the doctors you listed in your email. I am a librarian with the City of Austin and have a Ph.D. in Library and Information Science from the University of Texas at Austin

First of all, I have been receiving Dr. Whitaker's newsletter for the past ten years and I learn something new in all his monthly newsletters. Incidentally he endorses Dr. Perlmutter's glutathione therapy and it is available at his clinic in California..

I was diagnosed with Parkinsons two years ago and I immediately did some research which mentioned Dr. Perlmutter. I went to see him in February 2002 and March 2003 and I have phone consultations with him every two or three months. I have been on his glutathione therapy in Austin since April 2002 . I go twice a week to the Rizov Rejuvenation Center in Austin and I feel that it has slowed down the progression of the disease. I am on 2 mg. of trihexyphenidyl twice a day and I am able to continue working as a full-time librarian with the City of Austin. On my first appointment with Dr. Perlmutter I was impressed by the comprehensive examination he gave me and the tests he prescribed  which I never had with the local neurologists I saw in Austin. He was very pleased with my progress on my second visit to him this year.  I have complete confidence in him as a caring, competent and visionary neurologist. In May last year he was awarded the Linus Pauling Award for his research into
 neurodegenerative diseases of the brain and the Harmon Award from the American Association for Advancement in Medicine. His treatment has FDA approval. His Website address is: www.perlhealth.com

In Dr. Perlmutter's initial evaluation, he mentioned that my Parkinson's Disease was in all reasonable medical probability related to an automobile accident I had in September 2000 when I was broadsided by a Ford Explorer and left unconscious with lacerations to my head, a pelvic fracture and contusions on my left side. On the strength of this evaluation,  I did some research on trauma induced Parkinsons and found a chiropractor in Boulder Colorado who has had some success in this area with upper cervical manipulation. On my initial visit to her in August, she found that I had a misalignment of my upper spine for which she is currently treating me in Boulder.  So far the treatment is going well and she is pleased with my progress. I am here for a period of two months and will be returning to Austin at the end of October. You can learn more about her at [log in to unmask]

While here in Boulder, I learned from the local newspaper that Dr. Brunschwig did IV infusions with different vitamins and nutrients, and .I immediately called the Helios Center to see if they could give me my glutathione treatment which I interrupted during September. Until now I could not find someone to do it here. I have an appointment with him next Tuesday and I hope I will be able to resume the glutathione therapy.

One caveat on my part is that what may be good for me may not be successful with other Parkinson's sufferers. There is always a risk possibility involved but I am happy to say that the above doctors have my wholehearted endorsement of their treatments.

Please feel free to email me if you have further questions.

Elissa Ballesteros
Joan Dykstra <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
Is there anyone on the list who has visited Dr. Whitaker's Wellness
Clinic (Irvine, CA)? or Dr. Perlmutter's (Naples, FL)? or Dr.
Brunschwig (Helios Health Centers in Boulder)? I am eager to hear what
your experience was like. If I understand correctly, they all three
treat PD with iv nutrients.