Peter Max Will Be Special Guest At Michigan Parkinson Foundation Birthday Bash, October 23
Friday October 3, 2:47 pm ET

SOUTHFIELD, Mich., Oct. 3 /PRNewswire/ -- The Michigan Parkinson Foundation will be celebrating its 20th year with a
Birthday Bash fundraising event Thursday, October 23, 2003 at 7 p.m. Hosted by Park West Gallery, 29469 Northwestern,
Southfield, Michigan, the event will feature special guest Peter Max. The ticketed event celebrates the opening of the
Peter Max exhibition at Park West Gallery.

"Michigan Parkinson Foundation is so pleased that Peter Max has agreed to take a principle role in this important
event," said Mitsi Scaglione, foundation board member. "Peter Max, America's painter laureate, adds a very special
element to our signature event. His commitment to using his art to help others is very strong, and we are proud that he
has chosen our cause, for the second time, as a vehicle to demonstrate that commitment."

Peer Max is one of the most important artists of our time. He evolved from a pop artist of the 1960s to a master of neo
expressionism, and his techniques of vibrant color have become a part of the contemporary American culture. Max often
uses American symbols in his artwork and had done painting and projects for Presidents Ford, Carter, Reagan, Bush, and
Clinton.

Founded in 1983, the focus of the Michigan Parkinson Foundation is to create and support programs that directly impact
those living with Parkinson's. Through its grants it provides help paying for medications and adult day care. Through
its communication network it provides information and support to people with Parkinson's, their families, volunteers,
and health care professionals.

Park West Gallery is hosting the event for the 5th year in a row. "We feel a deep commitment to the Parkinson's cause
and are please to provide a setting where good art and good causes can be united," said Albert Scaglione, Gallery
owner.

Tickets for the event are available for $150 per person or $300, $600, $1,000, $2,000 per couple.

The Peter Max exhibit will be open to the public October 24, 2003 through November 26,2003

For more information on the Michigan Parkinson Foundation Birthday Bash, call 248-433-1011

SOURCE: The Michigan Parkinson Foundation / Yahoo News (press release)
http://biz.yahoo.com/prnews/031003/def014_1.html

* * *