From: "Gan Eden Tivi veTzimchi" <[log in to unmask]>
To: <[log in to unmask]>
Sent: Sunday, October 05, 2003 2:14 AM
Subject: I would like to introduce myself

> Hello, my name is Malysa (pronounced Melissa) and I just wanted to
introduce myself. My grandpa has Parkinson's and is rapidly getting worse,
although he is very high spirited and doesn't let it get to him too much as
he still tries to continue doing everything he could before although he does
realize some of his limitations.

> Anyway, I live in Washington (state, not DC) and  I am also currently a
NAC (certified nursing assistant) (actually I am just completing the class
and preparing to take the state exam) and will be working in a nursing home
starting in a couple of weeks.

> I am hoping to learn as much as I can about Parkinson's here on the
mailing list - all aspects of it even including caregiving (caring for
someone with Parkinson's and what they need both physically and emotionally
and how to best meet the needs of someone with Parkinson's, how to increase
their quality of life and help them with activities of daily living) and
also how it really affects people, not just physically and not just the
symptoms but on a more personal level emotionally.

> I look forward to participating on this list and getting to know some of
you and learn whatever I can. Thank you for listening to my long winded and
probably boring introduction of myself.

mailto:[log in to unmask]