We already had the grab bars in our shower/toilet area.

HOWEVER, I have found that we are going to add an ADDITIONAL lower grab bar
in the shower.  Fortunately, I had the whole wall reinforced when the first
grab bars were installed.  It would be extremely helpful to have a bar low enough
to be useful to push oneself up from the shower stool.   Wish I had sat on a
shower stool when they were installing the first time, and had a bar
positioned for that use.  I was only thinking about standing in the shower originally,
or something to keep me from falling.  I was not considering the need to stand
up.  Currently I am able to position the walker half in/half out of the
shower to assist better with standing movement than the actual grab bar itself.

(Using the wheelchair regularly in the house I am also seeing all sorts of
places that have not been cleaned!!! or painted!!!......but those things will
wait.  I don't think the board of health would use a  wheelchair if they came in
to inspect!!!  )

Rita