congratulations on being a wonderful advocate. the problem is for people
whose lives are so overwhelming or whose age may preclude what we think is normal
assertive behavior on our part. or those PWP who do not have family or friend
advocates who are informed. it is the ideal, of course, but too often it is a
goal not likely to be reached by many.
i also would like to add that some docs, in their limited time per patient,
are positively inclined toward informed patients and advocates but on occasion
some are bothered by what they perceive as lay interference. in addition, not
all neurologists are created equal....as with any of us, some are more
informed and experienced with PD. a neurology specialty might mean their emphasis is
on MS, ALS, vascular issues etc.
one thing is for sure, keep after them if you feel brushed off but focus your
questions, take in your lists so you can get to the important issues...if you
don't explain the problem, they cannot help no matter how good they
are....sorry about the soap box...i think there's caffeine in today's cup of coffee...
maxine