Wow!!!!
I have been caregiving for 17 years and speaking to groups for over 10 and I
did not find all those negatives here in the US.  Parkinson patients and
caregivers are the most informed people in any disease and neurologists here are
well informed as a whole.  All our organizations do a super job of informing and
will answer any questions you have, all of them have people in positions that
are knowledgeable.
I will admit that you must be very careful if your patient is admitted to a
hospital, Brig went through bladder cancer visits every 6 months for almost 17
years(1986 was a difficult year) and abdominal aneurysm found in the same
year.  He was operated on about 3 years ago for that and came out just about as
good as he was when he went in.....Don't misunderstand me, I was on top of every
pill and had doctors so well informed, they asked me about medication, (no, I
am not a nurse).
Between and that and advocacy, I feel responsible to be so well informed that
there is no problem, it is our responsibility to get the best doctor, the
best hospital if necessary.  Ask questions!!!!!!!
Gerry and Brig diagnosed