Mary Ann,

I have posted about this earlier this year, but please allow me to post
again, as this is so very important to us.

Parkinson Society Canada (Société Parkinson Canada) has published a
wonderful brochure, "What You Need to Know About Parkinson's - Information
for Health Care Staff at Long Term Care Facilities."

Don't go to a long-term care facility - or even a hospital - without it.

Get a copy (pdf format) at

http://parkinson.ca/pdf/LTCBrochurewithTipSheet.pdf

or contact PSC in Toronto.

Art

At 12:16 PM 10/1/2003 -0400, Mary Ann Ryan wrote:

> > 1.      Lack of knowledge of the disease by   health care professionals,
>which care for the person with Parkinson's disease in Care facilities.
> >

> > 2.      Unintentional abuse both by the health professionals and families
>providing care due to lack of education.
>

>I have posted on this problem before, Sandy.   My husband has had PD for the
>past 24 years and has been hospitalized twice within the last year.  I
>stayed by his bedside constantly - even in ICU and CCU (I'm an RN at the
>hospital where he was a patient so the staff was very indulgent).
(snip)