Along these lines this is my most recent Letter to Editor which was printed
in The Californian today:

QUESTIONS RE PARTIAL BIRTH ABORTION

Just what is partial birth abortion?.

 Is it really a procedure employed when a woman while giving birth suddently
decides she wants an abortion and the cruel doctor punctures the baby's skull
or is it an attempt of anti-abortionists to undermine Roe v. Wade by
misrepresenting the facts as they have done by successfully stalling and criminalizing
therapeutic cloning in the Senate by confusing it with reproductive cloning?

Therapeutic cloning involves the use of an unfertiilized egg and one's own
DNA to do medical research which may hold hope of cures for people suffering
from Alzheimer's, Parkinson's, ALS, diabetes and spinal cord injuries

I thought "partial birth abortion" referred to late term abortions performed
if in the opinion of the doctor the mother's life was in danger or the fetus
wasn't viable, e.g., it had no brain.  Please correct me if I am wrong.

I suffer from Parkinson's Disease and recently had DBS (Deep Brain
Stimulation) surgeries in an effort to stop my incessant bilateral tremors.  I can
attest that after having two holes drilled in my thick skull, while awake, and
having electrodes placed in the subthalmus nucleus, although an unnerving
experience, it was not painful, as the brain feels no pain.

I am suspicious of the anti-abortionists actions re "partial birth
abortions". Like opponents of stem cell research, they do not oppose in vitro clinics,
where disposal of embryos is routine.  Are they really medically and ethically
qualified to make these decisions for someone else?

Rayilyn Brown