I think waveless waterbeds, lots of shredded foam pillows, and a  body
pillow  adjusted to the stiffness of the body is the easiest.  If I go
to bed by 10 I am out. after midnight , I don't sleep, but lay there.

I sleep in a waveless (93% approx.) waterbed  with lots of shredded foam
and one feather head pillow. I swear by them. The pillows comfort my
joints, any pressure points, ect.   I sleep on my back or partial left
side /sortof partial backside(best for my organs).  I get my pillows
from kmart and sears. i also have a body pillow.

Adjusting pillows to the body stiffness is easier than me trying to move
my body parts to accomodate a pillow and mattress.

I find it best to sleep alone.  My spouse needs to work and if i keep
waking him that isn't fair to the healthy spouse and visa versa.

nancy m