SuperWalk for Parkinson's 2003 - Another New Record!

TORONTO, Oct. 24 /CNW/ - During September, 2003, seventy-four communities across Canada participated in the Annual
SuperWalk for Parkinson's. Because of the great support received this year we raised over $1.47 million - another new
record and an impressive 16% increase over last year!

SuperWalk for Parkinson's 2003 was an outstanding success due to the spirited involvement of committed individuals in
many communities across Canada. We had 9 new communities host walks this year, an increase in our team involvement and
a great response to our on-line registration offered in many communities for the first time. In addition, our success
was enhanced by the
support of our Diamond Sponsor National Bank of Canada, our many other generous corporate partners and SuperWalk 2003
Honorary Chair, Vicki Gabereau.

"Continued and growing support from many communities in Canada raises the profile and success of this event each year
as Parkinson Society Canada and its regional partners continue their roles within the Parkinson's community. Each
dollar raised gets us a little closer to our inevitable goal of a cure," said Roger Ali, National Director Resource
Development. "Our sincere thanks to
all our caring supporters."

Monies raised from this national event will be directed to local support services and the funding of research projects.

-30-

For further information: Roger D. Ali, CFRE, National Director, Resource
Development, (416) 227-9700 ext. 227

SOURCE: Canada NewsWire (press release), Canada
http://www.newswire.ca/releases/October2003/24/c3972.html

* * *