Susan,
I have PD, my wife has MS.  She describes having pins and needles in her left
hand, as well as numbness.  When the Doctor touches the underside of her left
foot, she does not feel it.  When she is tired, her left leg drags, so that a
limp is visable.  At one time she lost the sight in one eye, but the sight
did return.  I have not experienced any of these symptoms.  She does have
occasional balance problems,but this was not an early symptom.  Her MRI's reveal
nothing. Diagnosis was by spinal tap.  Hope this information is helpful to you

Gary