Hi all,
I read that for some of you Sinemet and other PD meds don't work.  For me, I
couldn't make it thru the day without them and just recently I found out what
it was like NOT to have meds.   I took my routine dose at 6 AM before I left
for work (1-Sinemet CR 25/100, 1/2 regular Sinemet 25/100 and 1 Mirepex) my
chemical cocktail-as someone on PIEN put it.
then i went about my very busy day at three o'clock i stood up and realized i
couldn't move,
my legs were like lead and my balance was completely gone, stumbling with
baby steps and dragging my feet, I experience a little of this every time I'm
late or miss a dose but not like this-I have no meds with me (left them all at
home) and i have a waiting room full of patients that i need to tend to (i am a
cardiac ultrasound tech for a busy cardiology practice).  I have never been so
careless to forget my meds for the whole day. I called the pharmacy that I
use and thankfully they were kind and understanding and gave me  2 each of
mirapex and sinemet cr to get me going but I had to send someone to get it for
me-it was really that bad to try and walk.  Sure makes me wonder about the future.
 Now, I have meds in my purse, car, home & at work. What a dumb mistake!

Diane in Michigan
age 52, dx at age 46