Having read the article by Michael Kinsley of the Washington Post ( thanks
Murray, once again, for your diligence in seeking out and forwarding this timely
information) I am struck by its content and how it relates to a recent
interview of George W's mother Barbara on a recent interview talk show.  When the
host of the show asked Mrs. Bush about her health and her perspective on her
mortality, she responded in saying that she and George Senior were in relatively
fine health and aside from their ages and a bit of back trouble that they were
doing well.  She added that she hoped that when her time came, it would be
quickly (or words to that effect) because she did not wish to linger and become
a "bore."  I thought as I heard that, "Yes...I wish Barbara the best.  I
certainly do not wish that she should ever bore anyone."  Take this in context with
the Bush policy on stem cell research and I think there develops a picture of
superficiality and self-centeredness that seems to permeate the thinking of
this powerful family.  Is it possible that so many years of presidency, vice-
presidency and governorships have given them the perception that they are
somehow  morally, socially and scientifically omnipotent?  Does president Bush take
into consideration the advice and wisdom of 40 Nobel Laureates when they
plead the case for embryonic research and its promise for cures?  Has he even
taken the time to understand and differentiate this science?  I really think not.
It seems that he has his perceptions (well thought out or not) and that will
be the rule of the land.  In the meantime valuable time is being squandered
and the sufferings of those who need this research goes on.  So folks...keep up
the hope, be strong and try to endure....but, never, never, ever become a
"bore."

 Dee