on wednesday, i am to give a talk to our lgst. area hospice. while they
say they only want me to talk about my personal experiences w/ pd...i
have been thinking quite alot about end of life issues. couple this with
the story of Terri Schiavo, the young woman in Florida who is in the
middle of a huge legal debate over removing her feeding tube and i feel
that it might be time to face some unsavory issues. would you be so kind
as to help me in an unscientific poll? names will be kept completely
anonomous.
1) do you have a living will?
2) on a scale of 1-10 (10 bbeing very important), how important do you
consider having a living will to be??
3) when do you consider to be the natural end of life??
4) would you like to be kept alive by feeding tubes and breathing tubes?
5) what is the governments role in this issue (Gov. Jeb Bush ordered her
feeding tube re-inserted)???
6) on a scale of 1-10 (with 10 being very religious/spiritual), how
religious/ spiritual
do you consider yourslef to be?

--
Joan E. Blessington Snyder       51/13