"Joan E. Snyder" <[log in to unmask]>
Sent by: Parkinson's Information Exchange Network
10/27/2003 06:14 AM
Please respond to Parkinson's Information Exchange Network

        To:     [log in to unmask]
        cc:
        Subject:        END OF LIFE ISSUES

1) do you have a living will?  No

2) on a scale of 1-10 (10 being very important), how important do you
consider having a living will to be??  8

3) when do you consider to be the natural end of life??  I would like to
"check out" when I lose the physical, mental and emotional ability to be
an asset (rather than a liability) to the ones I love.

4) would you like to be kept alive by feeding tubes and breathing tubes?
Just long enough to determine if I would soon be an asset (See #3, above).
A week or two, tops.

5) what is the governments role in this issue (Gov. Jeb Bush ordered her
feeding tube re-inserted)???  The only possible valid role for government
is to act to protect the wishes of the patient.  I think Jeb Bush is
practicing a cynical, inappropriate game of politics.

6) on a scale of 1-10 (with 10 being very religious/spiritual), how
religious/ spiritual
do you consider yourself to be?  8

--
Joan E. Blessington Snyder       51/13