Hi all,

I've sought feedback before, and am again -  it's great having all you
members to seek help from. :)

I'm not yet diagnosed with pd.  The doc suspects ms, but the mri was clear
(which doesn't prove anything, I know), and now he wants me to have an
electromyogram - to see if my problems are caused by nerves or muscles, he
says.

Has anyone else had an emg for diagnosing anything? The only reference I can
find on the net is for it diagnosing motor neurone disease, and I'm sure I
haven't got that.

Did/do any other List members, get slight loss of "ticklishness" on the sole
of the affected foot, in early pd?  My reaction to the doctor's reflex test
on the sole, and my confirmation that I'd had a bit of pins and needles in
the fingers, made him suspect ms, but I think he's wrong.  It's too much
like pd.

I found a really good article at
http://www.postgradmed.com/issues/1999/07_99/conley.htm  that mentions
paresthesias (abnormal sensations) as a symptom.  That might interest a
member who wrote in last week asking about pins and needles - I didn't keep
their email.  The article was published in a medical journal and has very
detailed descriptions of lots of symptoms, as well as info on pd's course,
and diseases with which it can be confused. It says sensation is usually
well retained, though.

Has anyone any comments?

Thanks for your support,
Susan.