Addressing the loss of sensation or "pins and needles"  my husband who was
diagnosed 12 years ago has this only slightly and probably a result of diabetic
neuropathy as he has had diabetes for many years.  Dr. Abraham Lieberman,
chairman of the Medical advisory board American Parkinson's Association and chief
of movement disorders for the Barrow Institute states in his book Parkinson's
Disease on page 18 that pain and sensory discomfort can be present in
Parkinson's disease.  He mentions numbness, tingling and a burning sensation.  As you
are learning diagnosis is a long and complicated affair and often is the
result of the symptoms becoming extremely obvious.  My husband went about 8 or 10
years with first one diagnosis and then another and only when the symptoms were
very obvious was it diagnosed.  By then he was shuffling his feet and had the
"cog wheel effect in the elbow" which we were told was a clear sign of
Parkinson's.  I believe investing in a couple of good books on Parkinson's is
helpful esp the above and one other Parkinson's Disease by Roger Duvosin, M.D.  We
see a Mayo movement disorder doc locally so we are fortunate but the more info
you have the better will be your care.  I also keep good notes on each office
visit because you think you will remember but believe me after a few years it
becomes a hazy blur.  Our movement disorder doc usually sees us only every 6
to 9 months or perhaps a year and his goal is to help us live with as much
quality as possible but it is not a disease where you can go for treatment and al
will go as planned until the next appt.  Each day is a challange in medicaton
dosage, activity etc and the patients learn how to adjust and accomodate.  My
best to you   Jackie