----- Original Message -----
From: "George Person" <[log in to unmask]>
To: <[log in to unmask]>
Sent: Sunday, November 02, 2003 7:56 PM
Subject: Double Vision & PD? What to do?

> Hello all,
>
> I need your help and insights.
>
> My neurologist referred me to a neuro-ophthalmologist as a result of my
> periodic double vision.  He looked at my eyes and said that everything
looked good
> except for my complaint regarding double vision  - I can cover one eye and
see
> fine - it is worse at night and at times watching TV (it appears to be the
> bright screen).
>
> Does anybody have this problem?  If so, what did you do?
> Do prisms work?
> What about driving?
> I understand that it is legal to drive with one eye -- when I cover one
eye,
> I can see very well -- has anyone done it?  Any Department of Motor
Vehicle
> problems?
> Has anyone had any problems where their driver's license was taken away or
> threatened to be taken away?
>
> Looking forward to receiving insights.
>

> George

George:

I don't have any answers for you, but am in the same boat.  I often see
double when driving, especially when waiting to turn into traffic (oncoming
cars from right and left are doubled).  Also see double watching TV.  And we
went to the theater twice in the last month, and all actors on stage were
doubled - and as
an actor would cross the stage, his double would go through another doubles
body.  Diconcerting, to say the least.

My neurologist ordered an MRI and bloodwork to try to rule out neurological
causes.  She then said the MRI showed nothing but some age related ischemias
that "could be the cause".  She wants me to see a neuro-opthalmogist, as
does my opthalmologist.  But your neure-opthalmogist apparently didn't help
you.

I've never driven with one eye covered, but have with one eye closed, and
that helps.

Question: have you had cataract surgery?  My problem started or got worse
after  that surgery, and that's when the opthalmologist suggested prisms,
but then he said they probably wouldn't help.

                                        --Good luck,

> To sign-off Parkinsn send a message to:
mailto:[log in to unmask]