Good Day:
I too have had double vision problems.  Driving, particularly at night,
was an exciting experience before I purchased glasses with prisms.
Headlights looked like the oncoming car was also in my lane.  Prisms
make the situation much better, but not good.  They merge the two images
as long as the head is kept at right angles with the body.  If I turn my
head to look at the side mirrors the double vision will return.  To
avoid double vision I try to turn my whole torso including my head.

Another nasty thing about using prisms is difficulty reading books, etc
where the lines are wide (single column text, for example) is that I
tend to lose sight of one of the lines and find myself in the middle of
the line above or below the one I am reading, which makes some
statements very interesting!

I have tried to close or cover one eye and find it clears up the double
vision problem, but would worry that this might be dangerous, especially
while driving because you will lose all depth perception.

Hope this is of some value.

Joe