Ray - Several years ago, my sister who was 18, was on the operating table
to have a simple appendectomy.  As soon as the doctor touched her skin,
she went into cardiac arrest for 4 minutes.  She was in a coma for 10
months.  My Mother and Step-father were very active in starting up new
churches, and were well known all over the city of Houston and
surrounding towns.   These churches got together once every  day, one
church one day, another the next - and they prayed, and they prayed.
When the 10 month period was almost up, the doctor told Mother that Pat
would always be nothing but a living vegetable.  There were some harsh
words between them, and then more prayers throughout the city.  The very
next day, my sister opened her eyes and said, "Momma".  When we brought
her home, we had to teach her how to talk again, and how to walk, and we
had to bathe her and take her to the toilet and feed her, but she
eventually got better.  Today, she has passed the many courses and tests
to become a real estate broker,  a R.E. Appraiser and started taking
piano lessons.  So, I am a witness to the fact that prayer WORKS.  Best
to you Ray.  Something "out there" is bound to be helpful to you, and I
hope you find it soon.  Jo Ann