Joan:

Greetings from K. F. How are you feeling, better I hope, You sound perky.
That's gooooood.

You really sound enthusiastic about those CD's. While I am a classical
music and Opera fan, I am curious (saw 'La Traviata' this WE, what a treat
and how sad a story). So, what's the next step. Where do I get those
records?

K. F. Cg Carline

                      "Joan E. Snyder"
                      <[log in to unmask]        To:       [log in to unmask]
                      >                           cc:
                      Sent by:                    Subject:  my thoughts on the LIGHT OF DAY cd set
                      "Parkinson's
                      Information Exchange
                      Network"
                      toronto.ca>

                      11/16/03 02:51 PM
                      Please respond to
                      "Parkinson's
                      Information Exchange
                      Network"

I have wanted to do this for a long time and after spending the last two
weekends at our local mall selling coupon booklets to raise money for
the Parkinson Alliance and listening to all the Christmas music and
seeing all the shoppers and decorations, I am finally in the mood.

I have wanted to tell you about the 2CD set "LIGHT OF DAY" and why I
think this would make the greatest Christmas gift under the tree this
year. The songs that the artists chose are supurb...from the dreamy
"Lucky Town " by Rosie Flores to the kick  ass version of "Candy's
 Room" by Crazysloth to the rockin' title track of "Light of Day" by Joe
Grushecky & the House Rockers to the countrified "Brilliant Disguise" by
Elvis Costello, there isn't a mediocre track either cd. The artists who
donated to make this project a success reads like a veritable who's  who
of the contemporary music scene: Garland Jeffries, Dion and Nils Lofgren
(to name just several more).

And to top it all off, the executive producer, the man in charge of
getting all of this talent to donate their time and treasure to make
this tribute to Bruce Springsteen-----is one of us. Bob Benjamin has
been dxed with parkinson's disease and faces the same challenges that
you and I face each day. Only his outlook is a bit different: rather
than sitting around waiting and yelling about finding a cure-he does
something about it. He still manages a bunch of New Jersey bands (a
stressful enough gig) but in his spare time, he organizes benefits and
cd's with the profits going to the proceeds going to the Parkinson's
Disease Foundation and the Kristen Ann Carr Fund.

So if you are a BOSS fan like I have been for the last 25 or so years or
if you are just a lover of great rock n roll, please consider getting
and/or giving this cd set as a Christmas gift. You will be helping
yourself.

Many, many thanks to my friend, Bob Benjamin for giving me the
opportunity to rave on about his wonderful project. I'm sure that Bruce
agrees; this album is terrific!!!!!!

--

Joan E. Blessington Snyder       51/13
http://www.pwnkle.com/jes/jes_web/index.htm