This list has provided me with a great deal of information, and I am glad to
have the collective experience of the group as a reference point and source of
practical knowledge.
I respect that this   list has been around for so long.  The existence of
this group, this list, does not eliminate the possibility that another group
might also be helpful and enjoyable to some.
There is no need for anyone to feel offended, or to scold Janet for offering
a new idea, and I hardly think that a small group of people exchanging e-mail
is going to do any damage to the "common cause".   The SPARKLE list may fill
the gap for some, but it isn't for everyone, it isn't for me.
So if Janet has the time and energy to start a new list that would be
interesting to some of us...cool!

John
LA Ca