hi all

peg wrote, in part:
> I'm going to be honest, janet. I think the
> service that you have provided with your
> "a new voice" site is  where you belong.
> Folks can visit there and find all kinds
> of great info you have collected over time.
> They can also "peep" into your life with
> PD through  your journaling. And we have
> several online "support groups" already
> that sometimes are starving for membership ...

hi peg
and thanks for your compliments/comments

i guess since i've experienced cyberstalking first hand
i am more cynical now than most

none of the existing on-line groups are fully moderated
and none of the members are verified as to their dimensions(!)

which can mean
and has meant in my view
that communication has deteriorated badly
in the cyber pd world over the past few years
viz my repeated postings about 'internet identities'

a review of my parkinsn list postings in, say,
1998 through 1999 (when i was co-owner) and into 2000,
has reminded me how much things have changed

a communications dynamic
that is bigger than the individuals
takes over the group when things feel comfortable and safe -
it's a miracle some of us have seen before
and it's worth seeking again, in my humble opinion

we (and i)
have so much more to offer each other
than this medium accommodates at the moment

i certainly mean no harm to any existing groups -
i simply want to offer an alternative approach
based on my 8 years' experience in
online nerdling and communing!

janet
aka