Hello all

Ten years ago when I was diagnosed (at age 50) the diagnosing doc started off his evaluation by saying I would work to age 65; he hadn't told me what the problem was but I knew -- my mother had Parkinson's.  Anyway, I'm beginning to wonder about the work -- in the early days people would guess I had a back problem, now I can only imagine what they may be thinking.  Moreover, things are slipping at work, I work in high tech and don't seem to keep up even working way beyond normal hours.

Anyway, here's the question:  does Parkinson's get disqualified as a 'pre-existing condition' if I apply for disability?  More nebulous, when do you throw in the towel when it comes to work -- like most things with this disease, there is a considerable grey area.  I'd appreciate any
experience(s), reflections, references.  Thanks