Carl
Welcome.  I dont get to post here that often (I have PD and have been on
disability going on 5 years), but your topic is one I have researched
thoroughly.  With the help of a friend and a contributing lawyer, there is
an article I wrote in the APDA Young Parkinson's Newsletter, Fall 2003.  It
isn't online in its final updated form (I don't think), but much of my
information evolved from this website:  http://www.disabilityfacts.com
There are 20 points in my article, "Wading Through The Disability Filing
Process."  If followed and if you fit the multi-faceted definition of SSDI,
chances are very slim you will be denied.  And if so, these points will even
help you out there.  I will be glad to post it here if several would like
copies, or I can email you one at your request (just the article, not the
entire newsletter).  And of course, APDA might be able to mail you a copy.

When to call it quits?  That's a long debated topic!  So much depends on so
many issues.  (How's that for a govoernment answer?)  Here is a link to a
forum where the discussion is pretty frank at braintalk.org entitled "When
Is It Time to Leave?"
http://neuro-mancer.mgh.harvard.edu/ubb/Forum71/HTML/008968.html

Best wishes!

Peggy  <*]]><
 Yesterday is history. Tomorrow a mystery.
Today is a gift..That's why it's called the present!