Dear Abigail,

About two years ago I had my PhD thesis digitised with a view to putting it
all on the Web. I'm afraid that I'm still proof-reading it, but intend to
finish this during the present vacation, and hope to get the whole thing on
the Web early in February. You have a microfilm of the thesis in the REED
office, I think: it's about English minstrels and minstrelsy c. 1297-1509, and
has never been superseded:

G.R. Rastall, *Secular Musicians in Late Medieval England*. Victoria
University of Manchester, 1968.

Is this something that you'd want an internet link to when it's available?

All good wishes, and a very happy Christmas and New Year to you,
As ever,
Richard

Richard Rastall
Professor of Historical Musicology